Monday, May 4, 2009

Pannier

I was going to bike to work today. I had a change of heart. I packed my stuff last night, was dressed and pumped up the tires... But, it was 7:30 a.m. Rather than allow myself to be late, which wouldn't have been a huge deal... I bagged it.

I found a bag at a thrift shop in Sioux Falls for a few bucks. I wanted to make a pannier so that I could more easily take with me a change of clothes/stuff to get ready for work. The trunk pack that I usually use just doesn't hold clothes, shoes, hygiene stuff and packed breakfast/lunch.

I put the stuff on my bike, it seemed heavy. No, I didn't have my camera and a week's worth of groceries loaded, though the bags may look huge.



I didn't know how my homemade pannier would work. I knew that I'd make it up the hills (though I was sure I'd be slower). I didn't know if the center of balance would be changed too much. I decided not to make the trial commuter run today.

Oh well. I left the bag packed and am leaving that at work. I think that I'll try again on WEdnesday to bike in. Then maybe I'll bring my clothes home for the switch by bike. I'll give the setup a test run then.

In the mean time, here's a pic of my bike.



No comments: