Sunday, December 28, 2008

Giant Rainier



They didn't have this bike in stock when I stopped by Spoke-n-Sport on Saturday. While they did have a small, I needed a medium. So, I did look at the Yukon. I didn't like the red and silver paint that it had. I'd seen online that the Yukon was available in white, so I asked about that. They would have to order it.

The downfall of shopping during the off season is that selection is really limited, even at a bike shop. They had quite a few road bikes to choose from, but not so many mountain bikes, it seemed.

Fortunately, the guy helping me checked the computer. There was a medium white Yukon available, and there was also a medium Rainier available too. He said that the components were pretty much a toss up. The Yukon may have had a stronger wheelset, but I don't envision trail riding THAT often. For $100 less, I figured that the Rainier would definately be the better option especially when they were so close to each other.

So there you go. The bike and the story. Additional chapters later.

2 comments:

Tez said...

AWESOME!

DIRK said...

Any new bike is a good one.
(Especially if it says GIANT on it)