Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas


I really and truly wanted to send out Christmas cards this year. Time just slipped by. I don't make Happy Holiday cards to dishonor the notion of saying "Merry Christmas", Peace on Earth or anything... We truly wish all of those things to all of our family and friends.

I make Happy Holiday cards because I figure that means we have until Valentine's day to send them. :D I kid. I feel that we at least have until sometime in January. But, in an electronic age and with an effort to be more green, here's our digital card. Prints can be available. :-)

Nick and I are both well. We hope that health and happiness have found all of you too. We haven't yet added children, but our roster of animals is growing. Calves and chickens keep Nick occupied with a few chores at home.

This fall we brought home a second dog. Max is a German Shepherd who had been with Nick's boss' family. Things weren't quite working there. We kind of wanted a German Shepherd eventually and decided to give Max a home. Instantly Ruby thought we'd brought him for her. They've been pals ever since. Sketch even gets along with him too. Pixel is less warm and can almost manage to be in the same room. But she's warming.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Peace be with all of you!! - The Sievers

Cycling Addendum: I am happy to have successfully completed the Tour de Kota at least once now. I was quite pleased that Nick joined me on the MS150 this year too. I hope that he and I can enjoy a few more bike rides together, even if they're just to town (Vermillion, Beresford, Wakonda, Volin, Spink, wherever) for lunch occasionally. Or even just for a ride around the neighborhood.

I've received permission to buy a Mountain bike for Christmas. By Permission I mean that Nick and his folks all bought gift cards to Spoke-N-Sport so that I can buy a bike. So, I look forward to a Bunyan's to Bob's ride sometime. We shall see what 2009 brings.

Blogging has been really fun and I've enjoyed the 'family' that cycling has provided. I've met people in Vermillion that I may not have otherwise and thanks to blogging I've extended friendships into a greater area.

May health, happy trails, personal records, the best brew or that perfect piece of pie find all of you this coming year. :D

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great card! Santa was very good to you - how exciting to add a mountain bike to your collection of bikes!

Tez said...

Great card is right! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from our house to yours!