Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Someone Else's Interpretation of My idea

So, here's a link to the submission thread for the Team Estrogen Jersey Contest. My submission is on page two.

Someone had critiqued my image and thought that it was too busy and maybe breaking the image up into two ideas, like a throw back for the classic rider on the front and a modern style for today's rider on the back. She thought that might be better than going from black and white to color. That's a fair suggestion. I still liked my idea and for better or worse stuck with it. Though, I didn't have any inspiration to try a different take on the idea. I wanted the images juxtaposed instead of having to be viewed separately.

Now the following image is a submission today. I like her interpretation of it, but at the same time... hmmm... I just don't know. Maybe I'm an overly sensitive artist, but a simple phrase like: "Hey, I liked Hammer's concept and this is my take on it..." would be okay, right? Like I said. Overly sensitive artist type.



On an entirely different note... I have the Margarita Ride 2009 drawn in my head. :D I just need to find some reference material for an animal that I intend to illustrate.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

With the BF monogram - maybe they are trying to give Bike Friday some free advertising (by encrypted code)!

Ham(m)er said...

There you go. When I first looked at it I'm like, "BF? What?" But I figured it out.

I was even going to use the word freedom on my jersey, but liked empowered better.

How many days until your bike friday arrives?

Unknown said...

Don't know exactly when to expect the BF - probably first week of March. They'll call when it's ready to ship. Maybe I'll break it in on a St. Patty Day's ride!