Thursday, February 19, 2009

Yardwork/Path

It was so nice when I got home at 5. I kinda wanted to go for a run, but decided to putter outside instead. I wanted to take advantage of nice weather and try to prepare a few areas for plants this spring.

Last summer I started weedwhacking and trying to make a trail of sorts to use with an eventual mountain bike. :D My plan is to continue to work on clearing some of the numerous dead trees to make the path wind through the two groves. There are a LOT of down logs and branches. If anyone wants bonfire wood, or just wants to feel like a lumberjack - That's okay, they sleep all night and they work all day... (or is it vice versa) - come on out.



Anyway. I did take my bike on the path that I have thus far. It's about .25 of a mile. That's from our shed, around the barn and the south perimeter before you go along the path. I had to walk the bike a little bit, I have no idea how to cross a log.



I know that a 'flat' trail won't make for a ton of adventure. However, it's more challenging than I thought. Granted, I'm a rookie, but navagating over some dips and bumps and around a tight corner or two, it's a workout. And grass the terrain definately adds some rolling resistance. I like it.



Last fall I planted a couple of bushes. It successfully attracted wildlife. I was thinking birds. But, deer nibbled them down. Do you think that they'll come back?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very cool! You have your own trail AND you live close to Union Grove State Park!