Tuesday, June 17, 2008

On The Road, But Not by Bike

I was home for a couple of days, and didn't quite get caught up on sleep. Monday one of the other producers at work and I headed to the Badlands to get some interviews and video for her documentary.

I got the gig as an Associate Producer last fall, so I don't do a lot of shooting anymore. I've been on most of the shoots for this documentary. So, while I wish that I could've been home a little bit before leaving for four days again, this was a good gig to go back out for.

The weather has been nice, I wish that this weather would've replaced maybe one or two days last week. But last week ended up being the kind of thing that at least small legends are made of. Well, maybe not really.

Last night we got to Wall and went out in the park to get some shots of the rock layers. And the big horn sheep were out in groups. With baby big horn sheep! I've never seen big horn sheep in the park that weren't mangy looking. I guess they're still shedding their winter coats. The babies were giving each other the evil eye and head butting each other across the slopes. We shot maybe 30 minutes to an hour of video. The sheep will maybe be 5 or so minutes of the show.

Today we interviewed a park ranger who studies and works extensively with the sheep. And in the afternoon we interviewed several ranchers in the area and learned about their opinions of the prairie dog. For such a small critter, they're a HUGE nuiscance.

It was a long day.

Tomorrow we go to Rapid City to the School of Mines for some video of fossils and an interview. Not of a fossil. Good news though, sushi for lunch at Ichiban. Yay!

I was going to post pictures, but I don't have the proper cable for this computer.

I have a few good pics from the Badlands. Will post sometime. This weekend I have a wedding to attend too.

No comments: