Monday, January 5, 2009

2009

I don't really do resolutions. I'm always trying to get more fit, at least maintain weight or drop a couple of pounds. I don't really diet. I like to eat and am glad that I like veggies and healthy stuff... but dang cookies and a variety of other no nos are tasty too.

I'm already doing better with running than I would typically be at this point in the year. I will be able to run at least the 2 mile option of the Frostbite 4. I generally wish to run the 4 mile option, I might get close this year.

I would like to be able to run a 10k before the end of the year. Running has been a difficult thing for me to advance at. I'm hoping to be able to run the Tulip Festival 10k in May. Last year I was registered for the 5k, but had a really really bad cold that kicked my feet out from under me.

And, I plan to keep cycling. I'd like to do some more casual rides with mom and Nick.

I wouldd like to commute more next summer and do a few centuries... plan to do the TDK, MS150 and a few centuries... It all depends on what the good Lord has planned for us. We really would like to start a family, this year so we'll see what happens. It never hurts to have a couple of plans to work toward and it doesn't seem like one can truly 'plan' kids regardless of when you'd 'like' them.

While I don't care for resolutions, I do like the idea of a bucket list.

In order of extremely likely (#1), to someday - I just don't know when (2-4):

1. Ride the entirety of the Mickelson Trail. I would like to do the 3 day organized ride so that we can stop and enjoy the scenery and putter around. The one day big mick would be a bit much, two days would be pretty manageable, but the 3 day organized ride would have a chauffer.

2. W.R.A.T.H

3. A half marathon... I like the idea of doing either the Disney World or Kauai races. Though both are hot and humid. I like the idea of one of the Rock n'Roll races too.

4. The Gut Check or a Marathon version of number 3 I hear that the Twin Cities is actually a really nice race to complete too.

Maybe #4 by the time that I turn 40. I've got 10 years to train.

1 comment:

Tez said...

GOOD BUCKET LIST! I of course would tell you to do Disney since I am a HUGE fan of WDW!

Good luck on crossing items off your list!