Tuesday, January 6, 2009

You know you're doing something right...

When you've gotten into a small routine of running or biking and you feel like a caged animals if you don't get out and do SOMETHING!!!

Running didn't happen last weekend. A 10 mile ride on the trainer did, so that helped ease my anxiety.

Yesterday I was chomping at the bit all day to get out and get a run in. I finally did and changed at work. If I would've waited until I got home it would've been dark or I would've been distracted.

I ran 3 miles, just around the perimeter of campus. 1 lap = 1.26 miles. Then I just doubled back down to clark street and back to finish 3 miles. I ran a bit slower than usual. I had to walk on some rough bits of ground near the new student union. They don't have the ground landscaped by the new sidewalk. And I had to slow for a couple of spots of ice.

The wind is never fun, but I like running in town where a person is sheltered a little more than I am out on my driveway. It all builds character though. :D And I felt MUCH better afterward.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job! You're off to a great start in 2009. I'm trying to re-establish my workout routine - but running is definitely not a part of it!

Tez said...

I will just chime in by saying...I HATE RUNNING!...hahaha so kudos to you to get out there after it!