Thursday, January 1, 2009

Holiday Recap

Here are just a few photos from the last couple of weeks.


No peeking Nick!!


My cousin's son enjoys one of his toys.


I made my grandpa a hat for Christmas. I don't know if it quite suited him, but I liked it. I'm wearing a silly hat that I made too.



We celebrated Nick's birthday with his family last night too.



I tried to make cakes that looked like beer cans. A professional pastry chef, I'm not. While they didn't look as polished as I envisioned in my head, they were better than they were looking yesterday morning. The cake was fine, it was the icing that I had trouble with. Yikes.



Our guests had to travel, so they left around 10. Nick and I stayed awake until a little after 11 and fell asleep on the couch, woke up and then went to sleep. Yeah, we're getting old. :D But, I hear that 2009 happened anyway. So we're all good.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Look at you, a regular Martha Stewart; knitting hats, making cakes that resemble beer cans, hosting a birthday party. Hope you find some time to just relax!

Ham(m)er said...

Oooh, don't say the M word. My mother-in-law isn't too fond of her. :D She can cook circles around alot of people too.

It's a little nerve-wracking cooking for mothers. Any of them. Mom gets calls occasionally like, "Ummm... How do I know if I've beat the egg whites long enough?" or "What can I use instead of buttermilk?"

The party was fun. Nick and I both worked on the prep including cooking and cleaning. He made a yummy chili. And he saved my frosting for the cake.

What'd you guys do for the New Year?

Unknown said...

We had a quiet New Years - planned to go to Raziel's with friends but the "CRUD" interfered (our friends had it, not us). We went to The Pit but were home extremely early!

Tez said...

Looks like youhad a fun time! I think your grandpa's hat is COOL!
Hope your 2009 is all you hope it to be and more!