Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Yucky sidewalks

I probably couldn't have selected a worse route for running this afternoon. I wanted to run before I left town. I headed west on Dartmouth. In general, sidwalks were clear enough that yaktrax would have more annoying than helpful. Still, where the sidewalk met the street, ice and snow to hurdle. And at some points before the intersection the terrain was slick. If it wasn't icy, then there were pools of water that you needed a boat permit to get across. At these less than ideal spots, I stopped to walk. I didn't want cold, wet feet.

All of the tip-toe-ing definately didn't help my momentum. I couldn't get my stride and when I did run, my legs felt like lead. Stop and go efforts do not work for me.

I walked for 20-30 minutes. I decided to cut the effort short and try to pick up some groceries so that maybe I could get home and ride my bike. I maybe should've run when I got home. Oh well.

Max and I went up and down the driveway for awhile. He got tired and would follow until half way and then stop to make sure that I came back. I only went a couple miles, rode for 20 minutes. No biggie, but it was still kind of nice.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Any time you can ride a bike outside in South Dakota in JANUARY is all good!