Monday, August 25, 2008

Not much to speak of...

I think that I'm getting over my cold, though stuff continues to work it's way through the system, so that's wonderful.

Last week I didn't get much running or biking done since I didn't feel well at the start and Wednesday night I had to head to Mitchell for work. The pool in the hotel was 9 feet deep, which is rare. So, I hopped in and treaded water for a bit. I'm a very uncoordinated swimmer, so I don't do that often either. I don't really doggy paddle, I suppose what I tend to do is a hybrid breast stroke with a frog kick. :D I don't know how synchronized swimmers do it. I tried treading water with just my arms and really had to work at it. They do it upside down with everything below their waist above the water... and no floaty wings!

I did take advantage of the treadmill on Thursday. I have a love/hate relationship with them. Their good if you can't get away and outside, but my attention span is limited and can never get many miles out of a session. I walked and jogged for about 2 miles, then I needed to get ready to meet my cousin. She and her family live in Mitchell. It was the week of Corn Palace days.

I'd considered taking my own car with my bike to Mitchell so that I could do the Tour de Corn. But, I didn't.

Skip Friday, I worked and then went home. Saturday it was a GORGEOUS day. In my head I was going to bike in the afternoon when it warmed up. However, I did yard work for much of the morning. I purchased a few plants that needed to go in the ground. I raked and dug a few holes and watered stuff with five gallon buckets. I was tired in the afternoon, plus we had a puppy. So, no ride. I did wake up quite sore on Sunday morning. I was actually kind of glad to know that I'd gotten a good workout. :D

I had to get to Sioux City by late morning to pick up a gift for the bridal shower that I was to attend in the afternoon. I couldn't let an opportunity sneak by for at least a quick bike ride. I'd hoped that the Wakonda oil would be paved by now. It wasn't. I just went over to University and up to 302 and back. It was good for a quick 13. I'm bummed to hear from Cathy that they're going to chip seal 302. Blah. That's not going to be good and worked in this season!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And the part of 302nd Street that is torn up won't be completed until sometime next year - but then at least we will have one smooth asphalt road to ride (until they decide to chip seal that also!).