Friday, August 1, 2008

Tagged.

If you could have any one — and only one — bike in the world, what would it be?

I don't know. I don't really have *bike lust* TOO bad. My bike gets me down the road, I have a Giant OCR 1. Though, I imagine that I'd be pretty happy with a completely carbon bike. Though I do like the look of Rivendell bikes. I am more of a sucker for cool colors and paint schemes. When I went shopping for my bike I wanted a blue one. Though I think a hazzard yellow bike would be awesome. And what I'd REALLY like is for Trek to bring back their "Design a Dream Bike Contest" so that I could submit an idea for their Project One Paint Schemes.

Do you already have that coveted dream bike? If so, is it everything you hoped it would be? If not, are you working toward getting it? If you’re not working toward getting it, why not?

I'm working on the drawing that I would submit if the contest ever opened back up. Otherwise, I'm content with my current bike. Until it breaks, I won't worry about it. I'm collecting pennies to add a mountain bike. Or pending how this weekend goes, maybe a roadbike for Nick.

Now, for a completely frivolous addition... I would like Nick to build an adult size greenmachine/trike for me. I think that would be fun for when kids hopefully come into the picture.... riding up and down the driveway on their level.



If you had to choose one — and only one — bike route to do every day for the rest of your life, what would it be, and why?

I do like the Meckling Loop too. But, the 30ish miles from my house to Vermillion and back would be much more practical... I would pick the University/Highway 19 loop rather than University/Greenfield Road.

Do you ride both road and mountain bikes? If both, which do you prefer and why? If only one or the other, why are you so narrow-minded?

I do not have a mountain bike. I am diligently watching various Craiglist locations and ebay and end of season sales. It's something I'd like to try. Even if I acquire a mountain bike, I will still likely use the roadbike more. I love just tooling along country roads.

Have you ever ridden a recumbent? If so, why? If not, describe the circumstances under which you would ride a recumbent.

I would like to try a recumbent.

Have you ever raced a triathlon?

Nope. I'm not exactly what you would call an efficient swimmer. Yeah, that's the best possible way that I can put that. Did you see the episode of Friends where Phoebe goes running with Monica (I think)... That's what I would look like swimming the American crawl. I'll doggy paddle or do a frog type stroke, but that won't cut it. :D


Suppose you were forced to either give up ice cream or bicycles for the rest of your life. Which would you give up, and why?

Ah man. I do really really enjoy ice cream. But I never get cranky having not had ice cream for awhile. I enjoy other forms of excercise too... but I think that I have to keep the bike.


What is a question you think this questionnaire should have asked, but has not? Also, answer it.

What is the most curious thing that someone's asked you about cycling, or you've noticed about someone else?

"Did you go down the interstate?"

I've also seen people biking on the interstate often enough that I wonder where they're going and have to get there so fast that they're biking ON the interstate? I really can't imagine that if they're on bike, travelling, that an extra half hour to hour or so to get to a side road just a couple of miles away could really make THAT much difference considering safety. I'll be open minded though and welcome explanation.

You’re riding your bike in the wilderness (if you’re a roadie, you’re on a road, but otherwise the surroundings are quite wilderness-like) and you see a bear. The bear sees you. What do you do?

Well, maybe I might be with Biking Brady and Cactus Eyed Joe and they might play Alpha bear... But they probably would be ahead of me. I'd give the bear the granola bar that I surely have along because it is, of course, a Silly ole bear. And, I would ponder my lack of bear spray when I never expect to need it against dogs and never expect to actually see a bear. Somehow kicking the bear in the snout may not be the appropriate move in this situation.

Now, tag three biking bloggers. List them below.
Cactus Eyed Joe

Angie has a blog, but I don't remember the address. :-(
I don't think that Ashley has a blog, but she should and she should answer this, if she chooses.

No comments: