Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Sing-a-long Edition? Really?

This Friday the Mamma Mia Sing-a-Long edition starts in theatres. Truly? People who haven't yet seen the movie probably don't know the words or don't care about the movie, period. I doubt that the karoke version will entice them.

People who would go to a movie and sing with the show already know the words anyhow. I found myself singing through 95% of the movie already. I make sure to just mouth or sing under my breath, I didn't want to be THAT person. I think the words on the bottom of the screen would be seriously annoying. There was only one song that I wasn't really familiar with.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I still haven't seen this movie but plan to go this weekend, but not the sing a long version! Thanks for the warning - I'll know there are two different versions!

Tez said...

The sing-a-long would be interersting but not sure I would like it! I am guessing it would be distracting