Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My silly puppy

So this morning I went for a short run. Now, however, I have two four legged monsters to avoid while I run. I've not fallen over a pup yet, but I think my time might be coming.

Ruby tends to follow along, but does her own thing running around in the fields next to the driveway. Max decides that though he's small, he doesn't want to be left behind. I'd gone for a two mile walk up and down the driveway last week, and had to carry the puppy a couple of times. I wasn't going to carry him while I ran.

Max did well, but was whimpering around a mile and a half. I didn't have a leash to drag him along, he could've stopped whenever. I did try to carry him a little bit, but he didn't like the jarring motion and whined then too. After I finished running for about a mile and a half, I wanted to walk the last .5. Max, was going to come along still too. So, I picked him up, he settled in and I carried him for a quarter mile. Silly puppy.

Our plan had been to not spoil him. We may be foiled again. Though Nick tried to pick him up last night to snuggle with the puppy. Max is a loose cannon and a biting machine. He's a wild puppy and it is difficult to chill out with him unless he's on the verge of exhaustion. Any other time, he's 16 pounds of crazy in an 8 or so pound sack. He plays HARD. We like him.

I will have to post a current picture eventually. Both of his ears are popped up and he now looks even more like a small german shepherd instead of *just* a puppy.

As far as cycling goes, I was out of town for most of the weekend. I got out on Saturday for a quick ride before we headed to Iowa to visit Nick's family. I biked over to Union Grove park and made a loop through the campground. I'd never done that before, I don't know why. That'd be decent hill training in the future - doing repeats through the park, it's not a solid hill, but a few hills gradually increasing to the top of a large hill.

Today I'm off to Mitchell again. I'll be back on Friday.

2 comments:

Tez said...

Spoil away, that is what pets are all about!

Unknown said...

That hill going into the camp ground loop of Union Grove looks steep! Good job!!