Wednesday, July 30, 2008

It's not the heat, it's the humidity...

I haven't done a lot of biking over the last week. I have been doing a little bit of running. OR swimming on dry land. However way you want to look at it.

Last week I couldn't figure out why I ran 3 miles four minutes slower than my already slow time. Oh, could it be because it was like somewhere between 85 and 95% humidity? One morning I thought I'd be okay with 75 degree weather, but I was still dying. That whole sweat not being able to evaporate is critical.

Last night I wanted to run three, but was happy with two. I walked the driveway and could feel steam coming off of the corner on each side. I thought that I'd go out to the road to try and benefit from what little breeze there was. It was 90 ish degrees out and weather.com said that the humidity was down to 59%. I still nearly croaked. Heat was coming off of the road and the wind was fairly non existant.

On the bright side, last summer I didn't run much at all. OR bike. I fell off of the wagon and it took awhile to get back on.

I'm looking forward to the MS ride this weekend, even if it is in the 90s. It's much more tolerable on the bike. And hopefully the breeze will be *just enough to cool* and under the point of being a burden.

See you Friday night!!

No comments: