Monday, September 15, 2008

Pics from Margarita Ride

I was running late on Saturday morning. I meant to be at Pro's by 7:30 a.m., but hit the snooze a couple of times and was tardy anyway. Then I stopped to check on Chad, he hit a deer with his truck. When I got to the start line, Kevin was talking to everyone right before the ride started. I hurried to unload my bike and pump up the tires.

I looked for my sunglasses and couldn't find them. Until I realized that they were on top of my head. Rats. I walked my bike up to the building, but forgot my helmet. Ran back to truck. Then poked my head in to tell KEvin that I'd write him a check when I got back. I'd seen Tez and company in the parking lot. They said that they were riding the 30. I decided that I'd try to catch Mary Jean, Bonnie and Sandy or Cathy or whomever. I was only starting 5 or 10 minutes late.

What a difference 5 or 10 minutes make. I was doing my best to hammer down the road. Though for me that's 16/17 mph. I did the fastest that I thought I could hold for awhile. I passed a number of people, but never saw the mob.

I did catch up to Cathy and Cindy, though I think that they stopped and chatted for awhile at the parting rest stop. They said that the others were just up ahead. I left the rest stop with them... But, lost them on the first hill. I wasn't far behind, but my sunglasses fell out of my camelback.

I caught up with Sandy at the turn north to Wakonda and chatted with her for a mile or so and then went on to meet the rest of the crew in town. That's where everyone regrouped.

Everything else went along as normal.

I will ditto everyone else. It was great to chat with everyone, other bloggers and riders.

When I got to the store to dump stuff at the recycling bin, I noticed my rear tire was lacking shape and air. So, I didn't escape a flat either. I picked a little pink pebble out of the rubber.

I didn't take many photos on Saturday due to the weather and I didn't come across a lot of note worthy pics, except at the stop in Wakonda.











2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad the tire got you through the ride before it went flat! Thanks for the pictures!

Tez said...

Good pics...wonder what Cathy has in the can of soda?