Monday, September 22, 2008

Search for a Mountain Bike

I've been watching Craigslist for a mountain bike. I haven't *really* test ridden any yet. When I stopped by the bike shop in Brookings during the TDK a gal there suggested that I look at a 17ish frame. I'm pretty sure that my hybrid is about 19 inches and it's big for what I'd look for in a mountain bike.

Biking Brady's blog reminded me that I need to be vigilent about watching out at rummage sales.

I will extend my search and include the reading public. If you happen to know of someone selling a mountain bike and happen to think of it, would you toss me a note? I can't and shouldn't invest much money into it, I really doubt that I'll ride it THAT much. Well, probably not as often as my road bike. So, I figure that I'll keep my eyes open and the right ride will find me. :) Hopefully when I find it, the funding will be there too. :D I'm saving my quarters. Eventually the scales will balance out, or I'll lose interest.

I'm not too particular regarding brand Giant, Trek, Bianchi or whatever. Though, I am watching for a front suspension and *maybe* disc brakes. I just want to bike minimum maintanance roads, gravel trails, perhaps horse trails at state parks/beginner mountain bike trails.

No comments: