Monday, September 29, 2008

Wait Wait Don't Tell Me



I didn't have a chance to blog about attending the recording (Thursday night) of Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, a news quiz show on NPR. If you've heard the show, I'm sure that you're a fan.

If you haven't heard the show, you should check it out and see what you think. It aired on SDPB Saturday at noon. You can still go online to hear it.

When Carl Kasell introduced the show Thursday night he accidentally said "Sioux City, SD". Everybody laughed and scolded him. He fixed the error by doing a retake. But I've just noticed that the error occured in the show rundown online too. Amatures. :-)

I haven't had a chance to download the podcast of it yet. They spend about an hour and a half recording the show. The segment with Senator George McGovern went a bit long. So, I'm curious to listen to how it was edited down. Peter Sagal pointed out that when George McGovern ran for office he didn't speak much about his time as a war veteran/hero. He didn't want to appear too boastful about that part of his life. And now, it seems as though in the context of the current presidential campaign, times have changed.

I got a couple of pics with Carl Kasell and Mo Rocca. I will post them another time. I wanted to chat with Peter Sagal, but the line was long and I saw the cast checking their watches a time or two. I didn't want to wait to be shoo-ed off, so we left.

No comments: