Saturday, September 6, 2008

Weekend

Friday night Nick and I had a date. It's his weekend to work and I go out to the hills on Tuesday, so it was nice to have a little time to hang out and have fun.

We headed to Vermillion to catch a movie, so we got there early enough to get some food before hand. I'd forgotten that it was Ribfest weekend, since I hadn't thought that we'd be taking it in. I'm not much of a rib fan, but like pulled pork sandwhiches. The stand that I got mine from had a sweet and spicy mustard sauce that was good.

Part of Poker Alice was playing at Carey's, so of course we had to stop by and listen to them for awhile. :D They'll always have a special place in our hearts. We met at Carey's for our first date, I knew that Poker Alice would be playing. And the full band played at our wedding.

Step Brothers was our flick of choice this weekend. It was crass, vulgar, had juvenile humor, and was dumb.... But, I was laughing out loud for much of the movie. No, I hadn't had much to drink before we went. There were times where it was a bit over the top and wasn't quite as funny as one would like, but that was the point. I still like Talledega Nights better, but this was fun.

Today I knew that I'd be working pledge at night, though I also needed to go into town in the morning for bell choir practice. I didn't want to drive both times, so I rode my bike in for bell choir. I didn't get on the road when I should've. I busted my tail to cover the 16 miles to town, though my average was only just shy of 14. Blah. My driveway and the hills brought me down a little, but I just never got into stellar cycling shape this year. I had a little head wind, but not much.

I was 10 minutes late for bell choir. As a result, I got the picked over role and only have 4 notes to play in the song tomorrow. Ah well, I just like to participate when I can.

I ate a small snack after practice and before heading north. My ride home wasn't much better. I'm not sure what the breeze was doing, there wasn't much for one and I think that it was supposed to be a tailwind. My legs just didn't have a lot of smoke in them today. I was okay, but my legs were tired.

Oh well, it was nice to get out. This time of year, one really doesn't know how many rides are in the cards yet. Plus, I did a LOT better riding this year than last.

Max, the puppy, is getting quite the belly and is starting to put on some weight. He rode with me on a bike down the driveway the other day. I figure that I'll carry him now, but when he's big he'll pull me. :D

No comments: