Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th!

Lennox has an excellent 4th celebration. My grandma lives there so we often celebrate with her. There's a firecracker roadrace that I wanted to run. I did the 2 mile option a couple years ago. This year they added a 5k run.

Nick had to work and wouldnt be done until later. I thought that it would be crazy to drive two cars up, we try to avoide it whenever possible.

So, I decided that I would bike up. I did enterain the idea of getting to town in time to do the 2 mile option at least. I just didnt know if Id have the smoke to run after biking. And I didnt want to have to leave my house by 5.

I also thoguht about trying for a century today. But that would require me being rather anti social.

So I ran 3.1 miles this morning, SLOWLY, and biked the 30 to Lennox. I missed the start of the parade. I bought a rootbeer float on my way through the park.

Tomorrow I think that Nick, my mom and I will do a loop around the SFalls bike trail. I dont know that we'll make it for FABRAD though.

Happy riding to everyone! I need to take a nap.

No comments: