Sunday, July 6, 2008

Officially 29 and holding...

Alright, I'm entering my last year as a 20 something. That is crazy. I've generally liked having a birthday at this time of year. We'd extend the 4th for a couple more days. But, on the flip side, I didn't get to have an official treat day at school.

My mom did thank me today for getting her out of work that afternoon in July, '79. :-D

Nick and I pretty much had our activity day yesterday. We'd picked up a small cheesecake yesterday and had it for a brunch time treat. I had to drive to Rapid City this afternoon. I'm doing a Dakota Life segment about the unicycle convention and championships.

I did indulge myself and bought lunch to go from Tokoyo in S Falls. My bestfriend from high school lives in Rapid, we were able to meet for dinner. That was really nice. We dont often get to do that.

On the way out here, I saw one westbound cyclist on the interstate somewhere between Mitchell and Chamberlain. Plus, a pair of eastbound cyclists near Wall. They were all in typical cyclist gear and loaded paniers. I always wonder what their stories are. I was surprised at how many people have asked me if we used the interstate for the TDK. The very idea is rather fightening, even if it is the most direct route.

I am looking forward to checking out this unicycling thing. I wouldnt mind learning how to ride, but I don't think that we could afford the medical bills after I fall.

1 comment:

bikingbrady said...

Happy Birthday! Something that we never had in school that is all the rage for summer birthday people is "1/2" birthday parties. So, Austin had 1/2 birthday's in January at school. Weird, but good for kids I guess.