Sunday, July 13, 2008

One thing that I made yesterday

Last November my husband and I took our honeymoon to the island of Kauai. There they have a sea glass beach, a place where discarded glass that's been tossed in the ocean washes up and for some reason collects there. The glass has been worn smooth and frosted by the waves and sand, etc.

The beach has been picked over by thousands of people. There were a half dozen or so people there. I wish that I would've brought my camera down. It would've been neat to have pictures of beach combers bent over in the sand, searching, bums in the air. Well, the picture in my head at the time really was quite charming.

Any way, my hubby and I brought back a bag or so of the stuff. Yesterday I made a sun catcher.



It will live in the bathroom that I'm redecorating.

The bathroom will be an ongoing project. I've got the nasty wallpaper down and wall primed, but I really can't stand the tile that's on the wall. That's even nastier. Plus it is falling off. Man, green wall paper with a medium sized floral viney pattern on it... With neutral colored tile with cream and gold flecks running through it. Ish.

No comments: