Monday, July 7, 2008

No, I haven't bought a unicycle

My husband asked this morning if I would be bringing one home. It's been a fun day watching a variety of ages and abilities.

I couldn't imagine climbing any hill on a unicycle. Nor could I fathom going down any portion of 'M' hill on one or two wheels. I hadn't seen any of the famed singletrack out here. We hiked along some seemingly great trail today to get video.

Tonight we attended the trials portion of the week. Translation: Jumping up and down some crazy obstacles.

I think that this segment airs sometime this winter. I have been shooting some photos out here too. We will see how that goes.

Also, a group of cyclists are staying in the same hotel. Ride America by bike. Or something like that. Oregon to New Hampshire (I think). They'd been in Hot Springs this morning. I asked another guy where the next stop was. He chuckled and said that he didnt even know anymore. I will mark it down on my list of rides to do when I retire. They started early to mid June and will finish toward the end of July, riding roughly 80 miles a day.

3 comments:

bikingbrady said...

Fear not...Rich has Unicycles down at Bikes Plus. You can pick one up when you get home :-)

Ham(m)er said...

Could you imagine the conversation that would occur if I went to buy a unicycle from Rich? Ha ha!

Unknown said...

Biking Brady beat me to it, I also noticed the unicycle in Rich's window this afternoon and thought of you. Our LBS has everything!!