Sunday, July 20, 2008

Meckling Loop

Nick and I rode the Meckling loop today. I keep saying that it's 30 because that's what it's listed as during the Margarita Ride. But, truthfully it's 28. It'd be about 30 if a person looped around and came into town from lower Vermillion, I'd imagine. But we don't often do that. Oh well. For now 28=30 and it's close enough.

Nick agreed to do the Bike MS ride with me. Unfortunately biking and farming don't really go together very well. He hasn't really had much of a spare moment to breathe lately he's been in the field or just at work constantly for the last couple months.

Two weeks ago we biked the trail around Sioux Falls. Today he did pretty well too, with a few extra miles. It got really hot and breakfast wasn't consumed before we rode. The guy is tough. He's physically fit, biking is just a new challenge.

I'm hopeful that the ride will be a postive experience. I think that it will be. The MS ride has such a good community of riders already and the support stops are well stocked. PLUS, if the weather or what not doesn't pan out to be a pleasant experience, it's our home turf. My grandma lives in Lennox. And we can hide a cooler at the end of our driveway stocked with beer. Though the distance after our house to Vermillion isn't really very substantial.

After our ride we went to an auction at the Armory in Vermillion. Yikes, that was hot. Lots of people in a gym with no air. We took a break to go and get food from Pro's. Yum. We went back and scored the object that we were interested in. A paint sprayer for a fraction of what we'd have to buy it for otherwise. This acreage needs paint and I'd rather be biking than rolling it on. Wait. I'd rather be biking than watching NIck roll it on. Let's be honest. :D

No comments: