Sunday, July 27, 2008

Here I go again, My, My, How can I resist you...

Mamma Mia is quite possibly the best chick flick ever! :D My mom and I went to see it yesterday. There were a few guys in the audience, I suppose their wives didn't take the advice "You and your mom should go and see that!" to heart.

I wish that I would've seen the stage version too, though. That'd be awesome. I believe that it was almost out when I was in England in 1999. And it probably was still on stage when I was there a few years ago. But, I was on a Les Miserables kick each time. I think that it was in Sioux City a couple of years ago. KG95 had a call in contest along the lines of ABBA karoke. I wanted to try but was afraid that I'd totally blow it. Plus, I probably had to work the night the show was in town.

So, now I'm loading more ABBA music onto my Ipod. I don't know why I hadn't before. Hopefully I'll get out to run before it rains.

Speaking of, how'd the ride go yesterday? I look forward to reading ride reports.

I was going to bike to Lennox to my grandma's house. But, as I was getting ready to go out the door the hubby called and warned me of a looming storm. I checked the radar and thought I'd miss it. It looked like it'd be a bit west yet. The radar is full of hooey, or I can't read it. I don't know. When I went back outside I could clearly see the darkening sky and could hear thunder. I didn't need to ride that badly. When I drove to Lennox, I saw some funky clouds, impressive lightening bolts and met some decent rain.

I hope the riders didn't get too soaked.

3 comments:

bikingbrady said...

OH we got wet...but it was still fun!

CDV said...

I got really wet on my way to Sioux Falls, but I've never yet melted because of rain. In fact I enjoyed it, the temp was cool the wind was calm, just a nice steady rain, very relaxing.

Unknown said...

Mama Mia - I can hardly wait to see the movie!!! Heard some ABBA music on RAGBRAI - Biking Brady will have to accept it, "they're baaaccckkkk!"