Saturday, July 5, 2008

July 5th Ride

Nick, mom and I tried the Sioux Falls bike trails today. We started at Falls Park and circled clockwise. I didnt think that anyone would like to go up the switchbacks. The wind was already a challenge. We'd never been on the trails before, the east side of town is definately the more picturesque portion.

Mom only went a few miles with us. She had to work this afternoon. But she had a good time.

We rode past the FABRAD group. They looked like they had a good turn out. We're sorry that we didn't join the party. But, we got a late start.

Nick hadn't ridden yet this year. He did the 20 miles on my hybrid. Weather.com says that the wind was 19 mph, gusting to 30 some. We averaged like 10 mph. It was a good, easy going day.

We ate lunch at the Falls Park cafe. Turkey and Cranberry sandwhich, plus broccoli salad. Yum. After visiting my grandpa we also went to see the movie Hancock. I would recommend the latest Will Smith movie.

Nick will be riding the MS 150. I dont think that the padded liners that he wore are quite the solution. Does anyone have a suggestion for shorts good for a slender guy? These don't pad his backside too much. He probably wont do huge long rides with me often, so a large investment isnt ideal either.

No comments: